This has always been one of my favorite pasta meals and lends itself well to adding and subtracting your favorite veggies, seasonings, cheeses and pasta type. I usually use elbow macaroni but went with sea shells this time.
It isn't authentic, but it's good, easy and economical.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (or your favorite pasta variety), cooked according to package
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef over medium heat. Add onions and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook another minute or so. Stir in remaining ingredients (except macaroni) and simmer about 10 minutes. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta and serve.