I made this dessert for a family get together a few weeks ago and they were a hit!
The recipe is from Good Housekeeping magazine.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tÂ baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 cups butter or margarine
- 1 pkg 1 lbÂ dark or light brown sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups mixed add-ins such as coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, dried cherries or dried cranberries, chocolate chips,Â toffee chips, and/or sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F. Spray aÂ 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan with cooking spray. On waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; stir til well mixed. Stir in flour mixture and add-ins just til blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or til a pick inserted 2 inches from edges comes out almost clean. Do not overbake; blondie will firm as it cools. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, cut blondie into bars.
Read more: Blond Bombshells - Good Housekeeping