This recipe was just amazing! I am generally not a big chicken drumstick eater, but it really worked here.
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 T fresh grated ginger
- salt and pepper to tasate
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced crosswise 1" thick
- 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia), thinly sliced
- 3/4 lbÂ Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 t curry powder
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Add the bell peppers, onion and potatoes and mix to combine.
- Rub the curry powder all over the chicken legs; nestle them among the vegetables.
- Cook, covered, til the chicken is cooked through, on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro before serving.
Read more: Brazilian Chicken Curry - Woman's Day