I believe it was Marian L. who directed me to this recipe. (I adapted it from CD Kitchen's website). And boy, am I glad she did! It was so yummy!
Thank you Marian!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup crushed nacho cheese tortilla chips (Doritos)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix (or use homemade taco seasoning like I did)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby/jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided (I used habanero)
- 1/2 can refried beans
- Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, Doritos, egg and taco seasoning. Mix in 1/2 cup of cheese and 1 cup of salsa.
- Form mixture into a loaf and place in prepared pan. Spread refried beans over the top. Drizzle remaining salsa over top.
- Bake 50 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake an additional 5 minutes til cheese melts.