This would be great served over lettuce or tortilla chips or with some black olives stirred in. The variations are almost endless!
- 12 oz (3 cups) uncooked spiral pasta (or your favorite variety)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or your favorite variety)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite variety. I used habanero)
- 1 small can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, cook beef and onion over medium heat til beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with a tight fitting cover, mix cheese, sour cream, mayo, salsa and beans. Refrigerate til needed.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture; toss to coat.
- Mix in cheese mixture.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.