Mom made this for breakfast this morning and it was absolutely delicious!
It is adapted from the book "Tea Times."
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into pieces
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 3 oz heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 275°. Arrange bread cubes on baking sheet. Bake til light golden brown and dry, about 10 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to rack; cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°. Spray 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine 3 cups whipping cream, 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring til sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Add white chocolate and stir til melted and smooth. Whisk yolks and eggs in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in warm chocolate mixture.
- Add half of chocolate mixture. Press bread cubes into chocolate mixture. Let stand 15 minutes. Gently mix in remaining chocolate mixture. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake pudding 45 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and bake til top is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Test for doneness with a knife inserted in the center which comes out with few crumbs. Transfer pudding to rack and cool slightly.
- For sauce: melt chocolate in a medium saucepan. Remove saucepan from heat. Add heavy cream and stir til melted and smooth.
- Serve pudding warm with warm white chocolate sauce.