I recently came across a recipe for Zucchini Quiche. I found some of the ingredients interesting choices, having never used them in quiche, so I decided to give it a try!
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup corn muffin mix
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper (I probably added more)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Spray a pie pan with PAM or whatever you prefer
- Combine the muffin mix, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add in the other ingredients and blend together well.
- Pour into pie pan, bake for 40-45 minutes (toothpick should come out clean when inserted!)
- Let stand for a few minutes, and eat!
It was quite delicious. I will say, though, that it's a dense quiche, and not as eggy. I would maybe suggest changing the muffin mix-to-egg ratio if you wanted a fluffier sort of quiche, but I did like the texture the muffin mix added. I would maybe also add some diced onion next time.
Overall, a delicious breakfast success!