Thai Shrimp and Rice
- 2 (10 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- zest and juice of 2 limes (1/3 cup of juice)
- 7 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups converted rice
- 1 lb. peeled and de-veined jumbo cooking shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 2 oz. fresh snow peas cut into strips
- toasted coconut for garnish (optional)
1. Combine chicken broth, water, coriander, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and ginger in a 5 quart crock pot.
2. Stir in onion, pepper, carrot, coconut, raisins and rice.
3. Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 hours, or until rice is tender. Check after 3 hours and if liquid is absorbed, but rice is not tender, add 1 more cup water.
4. When rice is tender, stir in shrimp and snow peas. Cook 30 minutes longer. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.
Recipe review: This dish was so flavorful! We enjoyed it quite a bit and have added it to our "winners" file. Being that it is a crock pot dish, that gives it bonus points! I highly recommend this recipe!