I made this recipe a while ago, and it was quite delicious. Sun dried tomatoes really add a lot of flavor!
I served the pasta with a nice salad.
- 1 lb pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 1 lb Italian sausage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 t dried basil, rubbed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan brown sausage. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add onion and garlic to skillet. Add broth, basil and tomatoes.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly reduce.
- Add pasta to pan and mix together. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.