Mom made this for easy pasta bake for dinner. It was really good!
The changes made to the original was that mom used spaghetti instead of shell pasta and omitted the cottage cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 package (7 oz) small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 oz) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat til no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sloppy joe mix, water, tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or til heated through. Remove from heat; stir in cooked pasta.
- Spoon half of the ground beef mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with cottage cheese and remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 30-35 minutes or til bubbly and cheese is melted.