Five ingredients in this dish? Unbelievable!
- 1 5 oz package yellow rice (your favorite brand or make your own as I did)
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small can diced tomatoes (use green chile variety for more heat)
- 2 links Mexican chorizo sausage, removed from casings
- 1 small (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan drizzled with a little olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté til brown.
- Stir in tomato, 1/3 cup water, 1/2 t salt, 1/2 t black pepper, and chorizo; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer til thickened and chorizo is cooked.
- Stir in beans; cook til heated through.
- Top cooked rice with chicken and some sauce.
Absolutely delicious! Thank you Marian L. for guiding me to this recipe!