It's back to FOFF on Thursday.Â Page 15 of Carla Vavala's book "Fusion of Food and Friends".
These are the most delicious little â€œpoppersâ€.
Makes 26 cheese balls
- 8 oz onion and chive flavored cream cheese (or purchase a lighter version â€œNeufchatel cheeseâ€ and add fresh chives and onion, about 1TBS of each).
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Fat Free mozzarella and these cheese balls STILL tasted delicious!)
- 2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup slightly mashed beans (kidney or black beans) *NOTE: If you eat meat, Carla suggests 4 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and chopped fine.
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup walnuts, ground
In a medium bowl, mix all the cheeses (included the fresh chives and onion if using).
Stir in the beans (or bacon), seasoning, and garlic powder.
Shape into small balls, about 2 tsp of mix, and roll in chopped walnuts.
Place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Hosting a Super Bowl Party?Â Why not make some of these. Everyone is sure to love them.
I know you've all tasted a cheese ball before but have you ever made one?