Mom made this for breakfast last Sunday and it was amazing! So chock full of peanut butter and strawberry jam!
- 10 cups diced Italian or French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 t salt
- 1- 1/2 cups strawberry jam
2. In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs, then whisk in peanut butter til well blended. Whisk in milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread in slow cooker bowl. Press down bread til submerged in liquid. Place spoonfuls of the jam in and around the bread mixture, pushing them in with a spoon. Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 3/4 hours.
3. Remove lid and cook an additional 15 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.