This recipe, from Rachael Ray's newsletter, was absolutely delicious! I would make this again.
- 8 pcs boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chili, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 t dried oregano or marjoram leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- zest and juice of 2 limes or lemons
- 1 T smoked sweet paprika
- olive oil, divided
- 1 t cumin
- 1 T sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- fresh cilantro leaves, to taste
Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cumin and swirl for a few seconds to toast, then add the chicken pieces and lightly brown, 10 minutes. Sprinkle sugar over the chicken and add the broth. Partially cover and cook for 10 minutes more, or til chicken is cooked through. Stir in cilantro.
I served the chicken and sauce over rice.