Ted and I are away this weekend, celebrating our anniversary.Â I made this recipe earlier in the week. So easy and perfect for a quick, week night meal.
"Here is a really great dish and a twist on your traditional antipasto ingredients." â€“ By Amanda
Makes 4 Servings â€“ Found on page 129 of our book A Taste of Utica.
- 1 lb penne or bowtie pasta
- 1 jar roasted red peppers â€“ large chop
- 1 medium sized Vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese â€“ shredded
- 1 jar marinated mushrooms â€“ cut in half
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts â€“ large chop
- 2 TBS olive oil
Cook pasta according to package. Drain.
SautÃ© onion and garlic in 2 TBS olive oil.Â When lightly cooked, about 5 minutes over medium heat, add the mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and red peppers.
Let the mixture cook on low about 8 â€“ 10 minutes.
Toss pasta with vegetables
and top with mozzarella.
It's light.Â It's got flavor.Â It's perfect for a hot summer night!