This recipe, which turned out fantastic, is adapted from American Profile newspaper.
1 lb ground beef
1 T dried parsley, divided
1 T minced onion
2 t Worcestershire sauce
pinch salt and pepper
2/3 cup beef broth
2 t tomato paste
3/4 t flour
1 T Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl combine beef, 1/2 of parsley, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick ovals. In a large nonstick frying pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook 7 minutes per side or til desired doneness is reached. Remove beef to plates. Drain grease.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together broth, tomato paste, flour and mustard.
- Add broth mixture to pan; cook and stir til thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Spoon pan sauce over beef and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Serve patties with rice pilaf, if desired.