Looking for something to go with dinner? Here is a great tasting and simple recipe for just that occasion. Garlic mashed potatoes with some added flavor, including bacon, rosemary, and onion. This has tons of flavor and is great on it's own, or add some pan droppings to add even more flavor, enjoy!
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Place the cubed potatoes in a pot with enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 30 minutes; drain. Add butter to drained potatoes to melt; set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until very crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain; allow to cool and crumble. Leave 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet and return it to the heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the bacon drippings until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the rosemary and cook for 1 minute more.
- Mash the potatoes with the melted butter. Mix in the crumbled bacon, the onion mixture, and milk; season with salt and pepper.