What an incredible lunch! This salad is more filling than you can imagine.
It stars fresh corn from my garden.
- 4-6 slices turkey bacon, cooked til crisp and sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 t dried chives plus extra for garnish
- couple handfuls thinly sliced romaine
- 4 oz (1 cup) roasted smoked deli turkey breast, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup honeydew melon chunks
- goat cheese, bleu or gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon, and salt and pepper. Whisk in oil til blended. Stir in chives.
- Top plate with romaine. Top with remaining ingredients and garnish with extra chives.
- Serve drizzled with dressing.