Do you have plenty of hard boiled eggs sitting in your refridgerator? I tire of peeling and eating them with a little salt and pepper~ don't you?
Listed below is a tasty way to enjoy the hard boiled egg other than the traditional egg salad sandwich!
- 1 C mild salsa
- 1 1/2 T chopped and pitted Kalamata olives
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, sliced crosswise
- 2 cups (packed) coarsely chopped arugula (about 2 ounces)
- 8 wide Parmesan shavings (cut with vegetable peeler)
Mix first 2 ingredients in small bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
Place 4 toast slices on work surface. Top each with 1/4 of salsa, 1/4 of egg slices, 1/2 cup arugula, and 2 cheese shavings. Cover with remaining bread slices. Cut each sandwich in half before serving!