Baking in the Apple Crumbles kitchenâ€¦
Ted wanted a healthy sweet treat with PROTEIN.Â Â Iâ€™ve made these before and they hit just the right spot.Â Kind ofÂ like that itch you canâ€™t reach but your best friend canâ€¦
Joâ€™s Healthy Treats (simple but so very good).Â Cut into about 30 bars.
Preheat the oven to 425 F.Â Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
Mix together the following..
- 18 oz Jar Peanut butter (your favorite â€“ smooth or crunchy)
- 1 1/2 cups Oats (gluten free if you want to make a gluten free treat)
- 1 cup Protein Powder (your favorite brand â€“ remember vanilla wonâ€™t change the flavor)
- 4 TBS honey
- 1/3 cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2/3 cup Roasted Sun Flower Seeds *either the pumpkin or the sunflower should be salted but not both.
- *Optional:Â 1 cup raisinsÂ Â â€¦ORâ€¦1 cup chocolate chipsâ€¦.ORâ€¦1 cup dry cranberries(the addition of these will change the nutrition stats. below).
Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and press down.Â
Bake about 10 â€“12 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesnâ€™t burn.Â Slice into desired size bars and enjoy! *Best to slice when slightly warm.Â These are crumbly. They are SUPPOSE to be. Thatâ€™s what makes them so good!
|Approx. Nutrition â€“ based on 30 bars.|