Farmers Market Quiche in Pepper Pots
2 medium green, yellow or sweet red peppers
1/2 cup farmers market vegetables ( mushrooms, scallions, broccoli, or squash. Whatever is on sale.)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
Topping: 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Scallop pepper edges, if desired. Stand peppers upright in muffin cups.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vegetables into each pepper.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and seasonings until well blended.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the egg mixture over vegetables in each pepper.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 2 servings.