A student at HBHS (high school) had pancakes this week and it almost became fatal.
His Mom (registered nurse) made him pancakes, dropped him off at school and headed to play tennis.
She never takes her cell phone on the court but did this time and her son called to say he washaving trouble breathing.
She told him to go to the nurse immediately and proceeded to call school and alert the nurse.
The nurse called theparamedics and they were there in 3 minutes and worked on the boy all the way to the hospital.
He came so close to dying.
Evidently this ismore common then I ever knew.
Check the expiration dates on packages like pancakes and cake mixes that have yeast which over time develop spores.
Apparently, the mold that forms in old mixes can be toxic!
P. S. You might want to tell this to your children, grandchildren, nephews, nieces and anyone else who keeps these types ofmixes in the cupboard.