I got this idea from Shannon's Recipe of the Day for Monday, and since I found a nice eye of round at Meijer when I went shopping a little later, I decided to adapt it.
- 1 1.75-lb. eye of round roast, trimmed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. white pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. half-sharp paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Penzey's Tuscan Sunset seasoning, which consists of:
- - basil
- - oregano
- - thyme
- - Aleppo pepper
- - garlic
- -anise seed
- - ground fennel
- - black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
We both had salad, and I ate leftover orzo from the other night (livened up with some chicken broth and more Penzey's herbs) and Jennifer had leftover bowtie pasta with pesto.
With the different varieties of pepper (the white plus the Aleppo and the black pepper in the seasoning), the meat had a nice zing to it, but it also had a good flavor of its own. We both enjoyed it, and I'd do this again.