This is one of my favorite decadent dinners - so rich and creamy and full of cheese - what's not to love! Our family of two adults and a two and three year old can finish this off, so be warned. They are very yummy!
2 8 oz cans crescent dinner rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup shredded chedder cheese
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1 cup milk
3 oz cream cheese, softened
3 TBSP butter, softened
chopped onion, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter a casserole dish (we use a 9X13).
- In a saucepan, mix the soup, milk and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Heat on medium low just until the cheese melts (do not boil).
- Pour half of this mixture into the bottom of the casserole pan.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in the chopped chicken and onions.
- Roll up approximately one TBSP of mixture into the crescent rolls and place on top of the milk mixture in the casserole.
9. Drizzle remaining sauce on top, and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
The finished dish: